My trip to Paris is right around the corner and I’m so EXCITED!! I reached out to a work colleague from the Paris office for restaurant and bar recommendations and she sent me a very detailed list of her favorite places to eat, drink and enjoy the sights in Paris.
Things to see!
- Eiffel Tower
- Le Louvre Museum
- Takin a Fly Boat on the Seine River so you can see everything
- Going to the Sacré Coeur on top of Montmartre so you can see all of Paris and then stroll through the streets of Montmartre
- Notre Dame cathedral
- Take a stroll in Le Marais on Sundays (all streets are cut off to cars)
- Champs-Elysees Avenue
- Parks & tea time: Place des vosges (have a pastry at Carette. Try the Mont Blanc & the hot chocolate. The viennoiseries are also delicious) / Jardins des Tuileries (Angelina chocolaterie is really close) / Jardins du Palais Royal (there are cafés in the galleries)
- Museum: Centre Pompidou
Food & Drinks
- Neighborhoods for drinks & dinner: So-Pi (South Pigalle station, below avenue Trudaine. Rue Condorcet, rue de Rochechouart) & rue du Faubourg Saint Denis / Cour des petites écuries (M°Chateau rouge/Strasbourg St denis)
- Richer or Office is the best restaurant in its range of price & authenticity
- rue du Faubourg Poissonnière / rue Richet @ metro Poissonnière. If there is too many people Albion, a little higher on the street towards the metro offers a traditional delicious French meal. Go for a magret de canard, if you eat duck.
- More pricy but yummy: Braisenville, rue Condorcet
- Breakfast: Breakfast sunday morning at Marché des Enfants Rouges is also a classic. I love the japanese place there.
- Rooftop and cocktail bar: Le Perchoir, there’s one at Oberkampf & another on the top of department store BHV in the Marais
- A wine & cheese experience: Frenchie Bar à Vins in Sentier neighborhood or more low key “Trinquette” rue de gravilliers (many other restaurants/bars in the area, notable “Le Derrière” & “Andy wahloo”) – “more Parisians than tourists” kind of experiences…
- Les Pinces. Lobster/beef
- Marais for small stores,
- Galeries Lafayette/Printemps/BHV for one-stop/everything
- Colette: concept store and great for star seeing too!